The National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum, Amsterdam) is located in the old storehouse for the Admiralty of Amsterdam. It was originally designed by Daniel Stalpaert in 1656.
Work on the renovation started in 2007 to make this place a better fit as a museum. Liesbeth van der Pol (Dok architects) designed the new museum and the public spaces.
The roof of the courtyard is an amazing piece of architecture made from metal and glass. Designed by Laurent Ney (Ney + Partners) and built by Anmeco.
In 2011 the renovation finished.